Wireless R&D Intern (Winter)
Collision Communications is a start-up company focused on improving cellular communications through innovative receiver design. To find out more, visit collisioncomms.com . Collision Communications is expanding its research team and is seeking signal processing/wireless communications research engineers at all levels to research and develop complex signal processing algorithms. The work will be primarily focused on improving spectral efficiency of the uplink and downlink for LTE and 5G networks.
This position is for an engineering internship in this upcoming winter semester. Through working in small engineering teams, this intern engineer will be doing applied research to improve cellular networks. The work will predominantly be focused on developing new signal processing techniques to improve the performance of cellular systems.
- Working towards a PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or relevant knowledge/experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge of communications theory
- Must be proficient in Matlab
- Knowledge of LTE and/or other cellular standards
- Proficient in at least one of the following: C/C++/Java
- Knowledge of cellular MAC Layer technology