Senior DSP Engineer
Collision Communications (http://www.collisioncomms.com/) is a start-up company focused on improving cellular communications through innovative signal processing in the transmitter and receiver.
Collision Communications is expanding its software team and is seeking a principal or senior level DSP firmware engineer to architect and implement complex algorithms that are pushing the limits of the capability of modern DSP based SoCs. Besides standing out as a strong individual contributor, the engineer is expected to provide technical leadership in helping the team with the development of cutting-edge wireless modem products.
In this position, the engineer will work in a small engineering team delivering high-performance, highly optimized, embedded C. The engineer will work closely with the signal processing research team and if desired/capable participate in signal processing research.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science (advanced degree is a plus) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with architecting, designing, and implementing (using C/C++) low level software for Multicore DSP SoCs.
- This includes in-depth knowledge and practical experience in the following areas: (a) implementation of fixed/floating-point signal processing algorithms in DSPs; (b) C code optimizations for DSPs; (c) wireless modem receiver signal processing; (d) low level embedded software that directly interfaces with hardware; and (e) multicore software architectures.
- Collaborative, flexible and fast at learning new concepts.
- Experience in LTE/5G development & knowledge of LTE standard.
- Non-DSP based embedded experiences are a plus but must be in conjunction with specific experience working on digital signal processors.
- Experience with leading a small team.
- Experience with software development for Freescale and/or TI DSPs.