Wireless Research and Systems Engineer (Entry Level)
Collision Communications is a start-up company focused on improving cellular communications through innovative receiver design. Visit collisioncomms.com to find out more.
Collision Communications is expanding its research team and is seeking signal processing/wireless communications research engineers at all levels to research and develop complex signal processing algorithms. The work will be primarily focused on improving spectral efficiency of the uplink and downlink for LTE and 5G networks.
In this position, the engineer will work in a small engineering team doing applied research to improve cellular networks. Most work will focus on inventing new signal processing techniques to improve the spectral efficiency of cellular systems.
- PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or relevant knowledge/experience
- Ability to research and develop new ideas to improve physical layer algorithms (equalizers, channel estimation, MIMO, beamforming, etc.)
- Strong fundamental knowledge of communications theory
- Must be proficient in Matlab
- Knowledge of LTE and/or other cellular standards
- Proficient in at least one of the following: C/C++/Java
- Knowledge of cellular MAC layer technology